Navigating the minefield of employment laws is complicated and different for every state and industry. Wendy will explain how various employment laws effect our industry and understand how they work hand and hand with your employee handbook. Wendy will show you how to implement different employment laws, red flags when they pop up in your business and documentation needed to show compliance.
Making the wrong hiring decision means throwing away a substantial investment of time and money on recruitment, training and benefits and could potential have legal liability. Have better skills will lead to better hires and a competitive edge for your organization.
Attendees will learn:
- How one person’s words or actions can create legal liability for the company
- What you need to know to handle the legal issues and gray areas faced every day
- How to anticipate and sidestep problems before they arise
- Traditional & Non-Traditional Recruiting Methods
- Creative and different ways to finding qualified candidates
- Conduct an interview effectively and legally
- Start new employees off on the right foot
- Improve your overall employee selection approach
- Recognize what you can and cannot say to employees
- 1099 vs W-2